Saturday, July 28, 2012

Let's Have a Toast......Dear Dad Day 40


Dear Dad,

I’ve been waiting to get this off my chest all night. I am so thankful for everything that You do in my life. This may sound crazy to some people but I’m thankful when You harden the hearts of others towards me. Ha, that felt ridiculous saying but its soooooo true. By doing so You have saved me from a possible lifetime of hell, dealing with people that are beneath what You have for me, connections that yield nothing positive, heartache, disease, unnecessary frustration, total confusion, people who think of themselves more highly than they are, and a boatload of THEE UNNECESSARY. I take this act of kindness on Your behalf as a huge display of unconditional love, and with that said I’m screaming “Thank You” . So after pondering over my (ENTIRE) life, not limiting this letter to relationships; but jobs, people, circumstances, what-have-you…… let’s have a toast for anyone who is no longer in my life (AMEN), for anyone who told me no (AMEN), for those who’ve ignore me (AMEN), the job I don’t have (AMEN), the opportunity that hasn’t surfaced (AMEN), and lastly for the anyone or anything who could care less (AMEN). Talk about (CHURCH), that’s it right there. ~Selah

Walking in FREEDOM,
Kristen

Word On The Go: Exodus 7: 1-10

1Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet. Tell Aaron everything I command you, and Aaron must command Pharaoh to let the people of Israel leave his country. But I will make Pharaoh’s heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt. Even then Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you. So I will bring down my fist on Egypt. Then I will rescue my forces—my people, the Israelites—from the land of Egypt with great acts of judgment.When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Israelites, the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So Moses and Aaron did just as the Lord had commanded them. Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron was eighty-three when they made their demands to Pharaoh. Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Pharaoh will demand, ‘Show me a miracle.’ When he does this, say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down in front of Pharaoh, and it will become a serpent’” 10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did what the Lord had commanded them. Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a serpent! 11 Then Pharaoh called in his own wise men and sorcerers, and these Egyptian magicians did the same thing with their magic. 12 They threw down their staffs, which also became serpents! But then Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Pharaoh’s heart, however, remained hard. He still refused to listen, just as the Lord had predicted.


No comments:

Post a Comment