Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just Want to Please You Father...Dear Dad Day 27

Dear Dad,
Holding up a standard is difficult in these times. With so many influences around us that suggest lowering or doing away with standards I see the struggle that many people, including myself, face with standing against adversity, standing against anything that is not of You, and standing against the world’s system and mentality, choosing to live like You called us to. While I have often thought of lowering my standards I am encouraged to know You are right there to show me the light; That You validate my standards as long as I lift them towards You. One thing I know is that You are high and lifted up, and my standards are right there with You. Lord allow us Christians, those who claim to love You, really live like Christians. That we get about the business of making You happy instead of ourselves, our family, peers, friends, and even those we don’t know by trying to fit in with the craziness of this world. If we follow Your leadership we cannot fail, You are not a man therefore You do not lie and I trust You for continued growth and conviction.
I just wanna please Your heart,
Kristen
Word on the Go: 1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever

No comments:

Post a Comment