Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Birth of Newness Dear Dad Day 29

Dear Dad,
As another year has passed it is my desire to become a better person. Most importantly I want to be a better person for You, myself, my family, and everyone else who I have influence over or associate with- in that order. I am truly thankful to see a full year pass with no hurt, harm, danger, no life threatening issues, and I could go on and on about what & who You saved me from over the last 12 months. Going forward I create new goals to live by, embracing a new mentality of gratitude not attitude, thanksgiving and no complaining, trusting You and not doubting, and seeking You first. I choose to monitor my words and thoughts, check myself, cease complaining and comparing, and live my life as You have instructed. During the next 12 months I want to know You more, I want to make it a priority to spend time with You, and develop our relationship. I wish to spend the next 12 months proving my love towards You. You are absolutely amazing and I thank You for the past (all the good and all the bad) and what is to come.
Love you beyond words & actions,
Kristen

Word on the Go: Psalms 27: 4-5; 13-14
4One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment