Thursday, March 28, 2013

So You Failed The Test?



As I recorded the Week 4 series on Self Control I touched on God's tendency to send us tests. Boy must I say as soon as I put the finishing touches on the video, tests started coming back to back. Like literally in a 6 hr time span, after I finished the bible study, I was tested on everything mentioned during that 20min recording. I was glad that I was able to recognize the tests, but I really was not prepared for the magnitude to come of these freaking tests. I dare not blame the enemy for sending the test it was all God to test my Faith, but believers I tell you God's test can be intense. Well, I must be honest I failed miserably! I started out doing great, test one…Ace’d it! Test 2……another A, by test three I was a little thrown back by the recurring order of these tests so I fell off a bit, I’d give myself a C-, but that exit exam, that last test of the day, I failed it miserable. I began a downward spiral of doubting, fear, anger, frustration, you name it. A world wind of emotions rose in a 30 minute time span and during that time it was a fall out drag out situation with me and God.

Image from Google 

When I came to my senses, I could not believe that I had just failed my exit exam! I really believed that this huge test was God’s way of examining me to see if I qualified to transition from this level to the next one. "If I had just reacted differently within that last 30 minutes, I would be promoted by now" is the thought that ran though my head once I realized how badly I slaughtered that exam!. That is when the enemy stepped in with his condemnation and negative talk about my recent and past failures. Thank God for amazing people in your life, I was reminded through godly counsel and the Word, that God will never leave me nor forsake me. Even when I make the worse mistake I could ever think possible, in this case failing that “Exit Exam”, He will be right there with me.  I was reminded that up until the point of Jesus' last breathe there was doubt and confusion in His heart, but overall He knew He was completing the will of His Father.

I have no idea what test you have been facing this week. I promise those areas that you are trying to get under control God will shoal nuff send you a test, and by golly gee there is a possibility that you may FAIL that exam. But God!!!! He knows our strengths and weaknesses, and He says "if you come to me I will come to you. If you desire growth in an area, it may take a few times to get it right but my grace is sufficient to help you every step of the way". Isn’t that great news!! So what you failed the test, God is by your side to strengthen you for the next time around! With God all things are possible!   

BE ENCOURAGED!

Its backed in the Word..
2 Corinthians 12:9-10; Psalms 139:8; Mark 10:18; Hebrews 2:17-18; Romans 6:1-2; Matthew 27(especially verse 46)

Listen to our series on Self Control weeks 1-3. Week 4 will be loaded today at 3pm. www.lifeappministries.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment