Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pure Heart ......Dear Dad Day 46


Dear Dad,

Search me, find out my inner motives, and reveal them to me. I am so afraid to operate outside Your will so I want to make certain that all my motives are pure and intended to fulfill a bigger mission. Wipe away all desires for self gratification, self praise, urge to belong to a particular group, social recognition, etc and give me motives for living right with You. It is easy to get caught up in societal norms and expectations of fame and fortune, but none of that compares to the treasures You have already allocated for my inheritance. Have Your way in my life, replace any sense of value associated with things, stuff, and people with the undeniable knowing that my sole value lies in You. My desire is to be a pure woman (or man or male readers), in mind, body, and intent; morally sound, ethically standing, and living to please You and serve others. This is my ultimate desire.  ~ Amen
Kristen
                                                          
Image Courtesy of Google  

Word On The Go: Jeremiah 17: 9-10

9“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? 10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment