Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blessed to be a Blessing.....Dear Dad Day 43


Dear Dad,

You have blessed me so richly in so many areas. I am so glad that I am blessed to be a blessing to others. Today I acknowledge my senseless ignorance that limits Your blessings to an increase of material things: i.e ~money, houses, cars, clothes etc that I often boast about and seek from You. Forgive me, as I learn to embrace the many blessings that I have as well as appreciatively receive the blessings You afford me that come in so many forms. For example: the opportunity to speak life into someone is a blessing, the act of using my automobile to transport a neighbor or coworker is a blessing, the effortless act of a smile or hug is a blessing, using my gifts and talents & seeking nothing in return is a blessing as well as the combination of many other acts of kindness that can encourage, educate, support, or strength another individual, organization, ministry, or family. Thank You for allowing me to be a blessing to others. I realize that You give and You take away, so while I have breathe in my body, working bones and limbs, a healthy brain, money in my account, and resources to offer assistance I will use them all for Your glory. Thank You for trusting me to distribute Your blessings to benefit others. Father keep me humble, and open to Your voice, Your prompting, and Your direction as I utilize the resources afforded me to strengthen the lives of others.

Thank You,
Kristen

Word On The Go: 2 Corinthians 8: 1-2; 7-15 NLT

Now I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, what God in his kindness has done through the churches in Macedonia. They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.

 Since you excel in so many ways—in your faith, your gifted speakers, your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your love from us —I want you to excel also in this gracious act of giving. I am not commanding you to do this. But I am testing how genuine your love is by comparing it with the eagerness of the other churches. You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich. 10 Here is my advice: It would be good for you to finish what you started a year ago. Last year you were the first who wanted to give, and you were the first to begin doing it. 11 Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have. 12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have. 13 Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality. 14 Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need. Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it. In this way, things will be equal. 15 As the Scriptures say,
“Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over,
    and those who gathered only a little had enough.”

No comments:

Post a Comment