Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How Bad Do You Want It.......Dear Dad Day 47


Dear Dad,

I have to often ask myself “How bad do I want IT” and exactly what “IT” is? I have struggled with defining “IT” for over a year now. At first I thought “IT” was being a psychologist, “IT” was being an author, “IT” was being a motivational speaker, “IT” was being a wife,  and You know I can go on and on sharing my many passions and desires to do & be almost EVERTHING. Lol Paying attention to many blog sites about “getting what you want”, watching countless people who have reached “success” attempt to educate the unsuccessful on ways to gain success, sermons preached by well respected pastors lending advice on “getting IT”  have all left me more confused on what my “IT” is and still questioning, “how bad should I want this unidentified “IT” again? Sometimes my “IT” was real deep, concerning passions and callings; other times my “IT” was real materialist and self gratifying like: a new wardrobe, car, or more money. Recently I was forced to truly seek out what my “IT”  was, question why my “IT” constantly changed, and my motives behind attainting “IT”.  

The answer came to me so plainly and seemed so easy. I almost felt dumb when you whispered, and it truly registered  to me sometime last week. My "IT" is YOU! WOW that seems so easy, but when I settled  my emotions, separated my confusion, and embraced Your answer I realized that in order for me to attain "IT" I have to let go of all my little ideas about my future. The determination to get or hold onto  what I want (both now & in the future), who I want and why, what I have acquired, and that list that goes the LONG WAY  about my perceived needs and wants has to be demolished. OUCH a Real Truth! This truth is not popular but today I realize that in order to attain “IT”, in order for me to fully answer how bad I want “IT”, I have to give myself totally away and let You answer, fulfill, and  reveal the fullness of  “IT” in MY personal life.

WOWZIERS………… Signed
Kristen

Word On The Go: Matthew 6: 1-10; 33-34 (The Message)

 1 "Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don't make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won't be applauding. 2-4"When you do something for someone else, don't call attention to yourself. You've seen them in action, I'm sure—'playactors' I call them— treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that's all they get. When you help someone out, don't think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out.  5"And when you come before God, don't turn that into a theatrical production either. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat?  6"Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.  7-10"The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need.

 33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. 34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment