Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day....The Confessions Of A Fatherless Woman



This is a journal except from our author on June 17, 2012

                                                        

Dear Dad,

I am so excited that today is Father’s Day. For a little girl who grew up without a father in the home I am honored, as an adult, to be in the mist of great fathers daily. I commend every man who has taken their leadership role, by first disciplining themselves to put family before their needs, committing themselves to the call of fatherhood, and whose determination is to see their children succeed as a result of their guidance. I am so proud of every father, including those I do not know, because they represent true men (whether they are saved or not), following in the footprints of my Father, Jesus Christ, and leaving a legacy that can be traced long after they are gone. For any father who is not saved I pray for him today, that he receives the wonderful gift You have afforded Him, that is available to provide that comfort he needs when things get tough; or Your perfect guidance when he needs help/support; and lastly the assurance he needs when he feels unappreciated. Thank You God for Your perfect plan, how You created the roles of men and women, how You designed men to be leaders and women to be supporters in the home. Today, I realize and appreciate Your perfect plan. Thank You Lord, for wonderful men all over the world who are celebrated today because of all they do. And on today, as I do every day, I celebrate You, for being the best father that any girl, woman, boy, or man could ask for. I love you.

Love you Mucho Gusto,
Kristen

Word on the Go: Matthew 6:9-14 (NLT)
9Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.10May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. 11Give us today the food we need, 12and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.13And don’t let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one. 14“If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment