Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Vow Renewal..........Dear Dad Day 65

Dear Dad,

My goal is to honor you with my life. In order to do so I must be intentional about everything I do. It is so customary to seek advise and wisdom from everyone else but You, seeking You as a final result and repeating nonsense like “the only thing left to do is pray”. Well first forgive me for being foolish and refusing to grab a hold of Your rescuing hand. It’s such a tactic of the enemy that encourages us to believe that trusting and committing ourselves to You is a death sentence that is going to leave us destitute. A lie that suggest that living for You is boring and unfulfilled. We have bought the lies that all Christian men are lame and corny, and all Christian women will be alone if they hold onto biblical standards. Its clear we do not believe in Your ability to provide healing, because we complain about every little thing. Our speech is just as negative as a person who is clearly not associated with You, and we live subpar lives as a result of our subpar commitment to You. I can speak so boldly on the matter because that person was me. However I have learned that this can be combated by intentional living. Intentional living requires me to be responsible for myself & to You.

This means, who I talk to on the phone has a meaning, who I meet with for lunch has meaning, the time I spend with You has meaning and is planned, the music I listen to has meaning, the attitude I possess about my day is both thought and carried out. As I exemplify intentional living I  boldly speak life, I speak blessing, I speak peace, I speak miracles, I believe the impossible, I will have a great day..... TODAY, I will meet and marry the man (woman for the male readers) of my dreams and date Your way, I will not be defeated, I WIN in Jesus Name!!!    


                                                     Intentional living yield God's intentional results!
IMAGE FROM GOOGLE




Kristen 

Word On The Go: Romans 8:5-8; Philippians 4;8; 2 Peter 3: 9; 17-18

Romans 8:5-8
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to
God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

Phillipians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise

2 Peter 3:9; 17-18
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.17 I am warning you ahead of time, dear friends. Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own
secure footing. 18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment