Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 Self Check


Dear Dad,

On November 1, 2012 I was suddenly inspired to do a 2012 self check. Analyze my growth from Jan- November to recognize areas of changes made and behaviors that needed changing.I did a little power minute for my bible study crowd and I attached the notes below to follow along. I encourage anyone reading this post to take a few minutes of their time to complete the  self check below and take a listen (by clicking the link below) to the biblical importance of change... I pray they enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/INlJUVyqcEo



                                                                     Self Check Notes


How has your 2012 gone thus far???
As we enter into a new year I challenge each of us to complete a self check. Below are some questions to answer in your spare time. Feel free to address self-issues that are relevant to your life, and be determined to make changes as necessary so you can be the best person you can be.

God shows us why it’s important to change!
Jeremiah 4:4
O people of Judah and Jerusalem, surrender your pride and power. Change your hearts before the LORD, or my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins

When we change this happens!
 2 Thessalonians 1:12
Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ

  1. Have I grown in faith?
  2. Have I established or faithfully maintained my relationship with God?
  3. Do I know more about God in November than I did in January?
  4. Has my attitude changed? If so how?
  5. Have I stopped pursing pointless relationships and focused on developing myself?
  6. Have I been a meaningful daughter, son, mother, husbands, wife, sister, aunt, uncle, brother and so forth?  
  7. Have I been a good steward over my spending?
  8. Have I practiced self-control?
  9. Has my life, speech, and intentions been honorable to God?
  10. Have I established or created a firm foundation in who I am?
  11. Do I know what my purpose is, or am I actively engaged in figuring out my purpose?
  12. Am I clear on my motives before I seek to accomplish anything (i.e- a new job, anything material, a relationship, a conversation, etc)?
  13. How selfish have I been?
  14. How have I treated others?
  15. Have I maintained and kept promises that I have made?
  16. Have I been honest, with myself and other?
  17. How is my patience level?





This is just a starting point. I know that I am still on like question 3, so it will take some time but self-checks are a great assessment tool to make sure we are IN CHECK!!!. Let’s cap off this year as better people and welcome 2013 changed!


XOXO

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment